Workplace & Personal Safety >> HFD Fire Fighter Written Examination
« back to courses page
This assessment information applies only to applicants who submitted their applications for the Henderson Firefighter recruitment within January through April of 2019.
If you have not submitted an application for Firefighter with the City of Henderson and would like to be notified of the next recruitment, visit www.JoinHendersonFire.com and complete a job interest card.
Those candidates who need updated Candidate Physical Ability Testing, can learn more about and register for the CPAT at www.csn.edu/cpattesting.
Written Exam Information
To register for this Firefighter Recruitment Written Examination, you must have an Applicant Identification Number. The City of Henderson’s Human Resources Department sent all eligible applicants a Written Examination invitation via e-mail, which contains your Applicant Identification Number. Please refer to this e-mail for your ID number and for additional information.
Registrants for this Firefighter Recruitment Written Examination who do not have a valid Applicant Identification Number will not be allowed to test.
Items you will need to bring to check-in on the day of the exam:
- A valid picture ID (such as a driver license or state identification card)
- A printed copy of your written exam invitation e-mail (the City of Henderson’s Human Resources Department sent this e-mail to all eligible candidates and contains your Applicant Identification Number). No cell phones or other electronic devices will be allowed.
Suggested study materials for the Firefighter written examination are:
- Firefighter Exam Preparation Book by Norman Hall. 2nd Edition
- Firefighter Exam by Learning Express. 5th Edition
- Firefighter Exams by McGraw-Hill Education. 2nd Edition
- Firefighter Candidate Exams by Barron's. 7th Edition
- The HFD Way
Please click on the course title to see the full course description.
If you have questions, please provide us with the course title and start date when e-mailing or calling 702-651-4747.
- No classes found.