This class is for experienced riders only! It is designed to reinforce personal risk assessment as well as improve riding skills, and habits. The discussion topics emphasize personal risk management, decision-making, mental strategies, and rider behaviors and choices. The riding exercises refresh basic skills and provide practice in higher-speed braking, cornering, and swerving. It includes a fast-paced classroom segment with several fun interactive activities to improve perception and hazard awareness. Range exercises enhance both basic operating skills and the crash-avoidance skills of braking and cornering. The course is beneficial for riders on any type of street motorcycle. After completing the course, you will receive a completion card in addition to the course handbook.
ATTENTION: This course is not a license waiver course and is not intended to teach basic riding skills. This class is for the experienced rider who is capable of consistent control or their machine. Students lacking those skills will be identified early in the course and dismissed, without refund. If you’re not sure, consider registering in the Basic Motorcycle Rider Course 1 or 2. Students arriving without appropriate equipment and/or clothing will be dismissed and forfeit their tuition.
Requirements to enroll:·
- You must have a current class M endorsement or driver's license.
- Persons under 18 will also need the Jurat with a notarized guardian’s signature or have a parent come with them to sign the forms in person. The waivers and Jurat will be sent 1 week before the class by email.
- Be able to maintain consistent control of your machine
- Be in good physical condition
- Have a basic command of the English language
- Be a Nevada resident
Participants without this equipment will be dismissed from course without a refund!
No loaner gloves, or boots are available
- Your own street legal motorcycle with at least ¾ or a full tank of gas,
- Proof of insurance,
- Current registration,
- Valid NV driver’s license with an M endorsement and
- DOT approved 3/4 or full-face motorcycle helmet
- Gloves with full fingers (must have fingertips covered)
- Long sleeved shirt (pull over or button front) or jacket
- Long pants (jeans or similar fabric, with NO holes, tears or rips)
- Over the ankle boots with a hard sole (High heels or high-top cloth athletic shoes are NOT permitted)
All ARC classes are held at the N Las Vegas campus range and maybe canceled due to inclement weather conditions. Instructor(s) listed is subject to change.
Approximately one week before the physical class, you will receive an email from Laurie.Sanders@csn.edu that will have the following attachments: a MSF Motorcycle Safety Waiver and Indemnification Agreement and a map of the N Las Vegas Campus showing the motorcycle range. If you have not received the email, please contact Laurie Sanders by e mail or by phone at (775) 625 - 9440.
THIS IS A NONREFUNDABLE CLASS PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THE CSN TRANSFER POLICY PRIOR TO ENROLLING IN THE ARC. IF YOU ARE LATE, DO NOT ATTEND or DISMISSED, YOUR COURSE FEE WILL BE FORFEITED.
NOTE: This course is NOT designed for Tri-Mobiles (Trikes, Can-Am Spider or sidecars). The Piaggio MP3 is the ONLY three-wheeler that can be accommodated in this course.