|Basic Rider Course Class
Requirements to enroll:
- You must be at least 15½ years of age
- Have a current class C driver's License or obtained a learner's permit
- Students under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian sign their class waiver in person or have it notarized prior to the start of class. THe waivers and Jurat will be sent with the ecourse link.
- Be able to balance/ride a two-wheeled bicycle
- Be in good physical condition
- Have a basic command of the English language
- Be a Nevada resident
The completion card you will receive after sucessful completion will be printed using the information from your student profile. This is the document you will take to NV DMV so it must be correct, Please make sure the student profile has the following information:
Your complete first name as it appears on your NV Driver's license
Your middle intial(s)
Your complete last name as it appears on your NV Driver's license and any other items such as JR or II.
THE FOLLOWING CLOTHING IS REQUIRED:
- DOT approved 3/4 or full-face motorcycle helmet
- Eye protection (Glasses/Sunglasses or face shield)
- Gloves with full fingers
- Long sleeved shirt or jacket
- Long pants (jeans or similar fabric with no holes)
- Over the ankle boots with a hard sole: High heels or high top cloth athletic shoes are NOT permitted.
As part of the Basic Rider Course, students are required to complete the Motorcycle Safety Foundations Basic eCourse. The cost of the eCourse in included in your registration fee. The eCourse takes approximately 3 hours to complete from start to finish. You do not have to complete the entire course in one sitting. You can exit and come back later and the program will pick up where you left off. Once completed, print your certificate and bring the completion certificate to the first class session. The online eCourse must be completed prior to your class start date. You will receive the link to the eCourse via email from firstname.lastname@example.org, at least one week prior to the start date of your class. If you have not received an email by this time, contact us at 702-651-4747.
|Basic Rider Course Class Preparation.
IMPORTANT: The MSF eCourses are NOT accepted as a license waiver by any state department of motor vehicles, or as a license to ride a motorcycle or a learner’s permit.
Recommend having basic computer proficiency to access the MSF eCourse and print certificate. Written knowledge test questions are taken from the on;line eCourse.
Topics covered during this course are:
- Basic fundamentals of motorcycle operation
- Physical and mental skills
- How to manage risk and develop a good mental riding strategy
- Effectively braking, swerving and cornering
|To receive a completion cand students MUST PASS a written knowledge test and riding skills evaluation. After successfully completing the course, you will receive a completion card, which you take to the DMV for your class M endorsement. The Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles waives their testing for successful graduates of this course. Motorcycles provided for this course.
ATTENDANCE AT ALL SESSIONS IS MANDATORY. IF YOU ARE LATE, MISS A CLASS SESSION, DO NOT ATTEND or DISMISSED, YOUR COURSE FEE WILL BE FORFEITED.
PLEASE READ THE CSN TRANSFER POLICY PRIOR TO ENROLLING IN AN BRC.
ALL CLASSES ARE NONREFUNDABLE.
Schedule of Three (3) Consecutive Day Classes:
||6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
||7:30 AM to 4:00 PM
||7:30 AM to 4:00 PM