|Basic Rider Course Class Preparation.
As part of the Basic Rider Course, students are required to complete the Motorcycle Safety Foundations Basic eCourse. The cost of the eCourse in included in your registration fee. The eCourse takes approximately 3 hours to complete from start to finish. You do not have to complete the entire course in one sitting. You can exit and come back later and the program will pick up where you left off. Once completed, print your certificate and bring the completion certificate to the first class session. The online eCourse must be completed prior to your class start date. You will receive the link and coupon code to the eCourse via email, at least one week prior to the start date of your class. If you have not received an email by this time, contact us at 702-651-4747.
IMPORTANT: The MSF eCourses are NOT accepted as a license waiver by any state department of motor vehicles, or as a license to ride a motorcycle or a learner’s permit.
Recommend having basic computer proficiency to access the MSF eCourse and print certificate. Written knowledge test questions are taken from the on;line eCourse.
Topics covered during this course are:
- Basic fundamentals of motorcycle operation
- Physical and mental skills
- How to manage risk and develop a good mental riding strategy
- Effectively braking, swerving and cornering
|Requirements to enroll:
- You must be at least 15½ years of age
- Have a current class C driver's License or obtained a learner's permit
- Students under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian sign their class waiver in person or have it notarized prior to the start of class. Please call 702-651-4747 for a copy of the waiver
- Be able to balance/ride a two-wheeled bicycle
- Be in good physical condition
- Have a basic command of the English language
- Be a Nevada resident
|Students MUST PASS a written knowledge test and skills evaluation. After successfully completing the course, you will receive a completion card, which you take to the DMV for your class M endorsement. The Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles waives their testing for successful graduates of this course. Motorcycles provided for this course.
ATTENDANCE AT ALL SESSIONS IS MANDATORY. IF YOU ARE LATE, MISS A CLASS SESSION, DO NOT ATTEND or DISMISSED, YOUR COURSE FEE WILL BE FORFEITED.
THE FOLLOWING CLOTHING IS REQUIRED:
- DOT approved motorcycle helmet
- Eye protection (Glasses/Sunglasses or face shield)
- Gloves with full fingers
- Long sleeved shirt or jacket
- Long pants (jeans or similar fabric with no holes)
- Over the ankle boots with a hard sole: High heels or high top cloth athletic shoes are NOT permitted.
Schedule of Three (3) Consecutive Day Classes:
||6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
||7:30 AM to 4:00 PM
||7:30 AM to 4:00 PM