Registration is for a single subject for the Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC) Certified Production Technician (CPT) assessment. The candidate must also purchase a separate, one-time, $60.00 Candidate Registration. To achieve full CPT certification, the candidate must register for and pass all four subjects:
- Maintenance Awareness
- Manufacturing Processes & Production
- Quality Practice & Measurement
General Policies from MSSC:
- If assessments are not passed on the first attempt the individual must wait 15 calendar days before retaking the assessment. If the individual does not pass a second time, he/she must wait another 15 calendar days. If the individual does not pass the third time, he/she must wait 60 calendar days before taking the assessment again.
- There are no discounts for assessment retakes.
- MSSC strongly recommends that individuals be at a 9th-grade math and 10th-grade reading level.
After purchasing the assessment(s), the candidate must contact the DWED Assessment Center at 702-651-4955 or DWED.Assessments@csn.edu to schedule the test(s). Please contact us at least 48 hours ahead of the desired testing date to schedule.