This assessment information applies only to applicants who submitted their applications for the Southern Nevada Regional Fire Recruitment from June 18, 2019 to 5:00 PM on July 2nd, 2019.
If you have not submitted an application for Firefighter with the Southern Nevada Regional Fire Recruitment and would like to do so, please visit www.snvfirerecruitment.com
Those candidates who need updated Candidate Physical Ability Testing can learn more about and register for the CPAT at www.csn.edu/cpattesting
Written Exam Information
To register for this Firefighter Recruitment Written Examination, you must have an Applicant Identification Number
. The Clark County Human Resources Department provides all eligible applicants a Written Examination invitation via e-mail which contains your Applicant Identification Number. Please refer to this e-mail for your ID number and for additional information.
Registrants for this Firefighter Recruitment Written Examination who do not have a valid Applicant Identification Number will not be allowed to test.
Items you will need to bring to check-in on the day of the exam:
Note: The exam starts promptly as scheduled. Arrive one hour to 45 minutes before the scheduled exam time for parking and sign-in. Arriving after the examination start time could mean forfeiture of your examination opportunity as determined by the exam proctors.
- A valid picture ID (such as a driver license or state identification card)
- A printed copy of your written exam invitation e-mail (the Clark County Human Resources Department sent this e-mail to all eligible candidates and contains your Applicant Identification Number). No cell phones or other electronic devices will be allowed.
The Firefighter Written Examination is a written test that is administered in a group setting. Candidates will be tested on: reading comprehension, tool identification, basic math, grammar, reasoning, and spelling.
Suggested study materials for the Firefighter written examination are:
***Registration for the Southern Nevada Regional Fire Fighter Recruitment Written Exam ends at 11:59PM on July 15, 2019.***
- Firefighter Exam Preparation Book by Norman Hall. 2nd Edition
- Firefighter Exam by Learning Express. 5th Edition
- Firefighter Exams by McGraw-Hill Education. 2nd Edition
- Firefighter Candidate Exams by Barron's. 7th Edition