Basic Rider Course II (experienced) License Waiver
If you are an experienced motorcyclist, this is the course for you. It will include many skill-building exercises and in-depth discussions of strategies and issues of riding in traffic. If it is time for a tune up of skills, take this valuable course. Have you been riding motorcycles for a while, but you have no motorcycle driver’s license? Do you already have good skills and proficiency? Consider enrolling in this class.
As part of the Basic Rider Course II, students are required to complete the Motorcycle Safety Foundations Street Strategies eCourse. The cost of the eCourse in included in your registration fee. The eCourse takes approximately one and a half hours to complete from start to finish. You do not have to complete the entire course in one sitting. You can exit and come back later and the program will pick up where you left off. Once completed, print your certificate and bring the completion certificate to the first class session. You will receive the link and coupon code to the eCourse via email, at least one week prior to the start date of your class. The online eCourse must be completed prior to your class start date. If you have not received an email by this time, contact us at 702-651-4747.
IMPORTANT: The MSF eCourses are NOT accepted as a license waiver by any state department of motor vehicles, or as a license to ride a motorcycle or a learner’s permit.
If you are taking the course for your M endorsement, you will take written and riding tests at the end of the course. Nevada DMV will accept this course as a license waiver, so you can obtain your motorcycle endorsement and ride legally.
Requirements to enroll:
- You must be at least 15½ years of age
- Have a current class C driver's License or obtained a learner's permit
- Students under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian sign their class waiver in person or have it notarized prior to the start of class. Please call 702-651-4747 for a copy of the waiver.
- Be able to balance/ride a two-wheeled bicycle
- Be in good physical condition
- Have a basic command of the English language
- Be a Nevada resident
|Students MUST PASS a written knowledge test and skills evaluation. After successfully completing the course, you will receive a completion card, which you take to the DMV for your class M endorsement. The Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles waives their testing for successful graduates of this course.
ATTENDANCE AT ALL SESSIONS IS MANDATORY. IF YOU ARE LATE, MISS A CLASS SESSION, DO NOT ATTEND or DISMISSED, YOUR COURSE FEE WILL BE FORFEITED.
Things you will need: Provide your own street legal motorcycle, Proof of Insurance, Current registration, Drivers License and provide all required riding gear listed.
• DOT approved motorcycle helmet
• Eye protection:
• Gloves with fingers
• Long sleeved shirt or jacket
• Long pants (jeans or similar fabric, NO holes)
• Over the ankle boots with a hard sole: High heels or high top cloth athletic shoes are NOT permitted.