|Class: ESL/ELA Multilevel
Location: Trinity United Methodist Church
This English as a Second Language class is for students whose goal is to gain confidence in reading, writing, listening, and speaking English in addition to acquiring computer and workplace skills.
||Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
||9:00 AM-12:00 PM
||Approximately 7-8 weeks
|| Class ends:
||Sahara West Center
2409 Las Verdes St.
Las Vegas, NV 89102
|Trinity United Methodist
6151 W Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89146
Classes offered at this location
Multilevel 1 Beginning/Low Intermediate:
This class is designed to help students in reading and writing letters, numbers, common site words, signs, maps and menus. Students will also practice speaking, listening, and workplace skills.
Multilevel 2 Intermediate/Advanced:
|This class is designed to assist students in reading simple charts, graphs, and labels; interpret a payroll stub; and complete a simple order form. Students will also practice more advanced reading, writing, speaking, listening, and workplace skills.
|How to Sign-Up
Follow these REQUIRED steps.
- Create an online profile. (Click here and then click on “login/create account” )
- Select Browse, Adult Literacy and Language. Choose the Test/Orientation Event and “add to cart”
- Check out
- Attend the test and orientation event as listed above:
- Bring your address, phone number and email address.
- Bring your Social Security or Tax Id number if available. It is not required.
- Please allow 2.5-3 hours to complete the test and sign-up paperwork.
Persons under 18 years of age must also bring:
Note: Spaces are limited and are on a first come basis. Placement is based on test scores.
- An official withdrawal slip from Clark County School District.
- Be accompanied by a legal parent or guardian to be eligible for classes through this program.
Attend the first day of class! Unused seats will be made available to waitlisted students.
- All students will compete a test to determine class assignment.
- Class seats are limited and are not guaranteed.
- Students need to attend the 1st day of class to complete enrollment.
- Advisors will assist students who do not qualify with other course or site options.
- No Childcare provided!
- Students need to follow all CSN and site rules and regulations.
- No fees for the class or textbooks.
Contact the Sahara West Center information desk at (702) 651-4487
2409 Las Verdes Street-Building B
Las Vegas, Nevada 89102
The College’s Disability Resource Center offers accommodations to help students with documented disabilities. If you require assistance, please contact one of the Disability Resource Center/Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DRC/DHH) locations:
Building D Room 116
|North Las Vegas
Building B Room 119